The last thing you want to consider in the summer is home repairs. Use these summer cleaning methods inside and out to protect your house. From the damaging effects of the sun, heat, humidity, dust, filth, and pests.
Get these chores out of the way early in the season. So you can spend the rest of the summer basking in the sun and enjoying the weather.
CEILING FANS AND DUST CLEANING
Without frequent blade cleaning, ceiling fans may become a source of airborne allergens. Before you turn on the fan this summer. Dust and dirt should be removed using an old pillowcase. Use an all-purpose cleanser to spray the inside of the pillowcase, then place it over a blade.
The pillowcase will catch the dirt as you wipe. Its preventing it from scattering over your furniture and floor. You should turn the blades counterclockwise to stop the fan from spreading heated air about the room after cleaning.
Free up some fridge space for recently acquired fruits, vegetables, and barbecued meats. Clean up your home one room at a time and store the belongings you want to keep in a refrigerator.
Look at the use-by dates. If it’s past its prime, toss it. To clean the inside of the fridge, use a moist cloth. Scrubbing the sink’s pull-out shelves and drawers with dish soap and hot water. Read tips how to get rid of fridge odors.
Store cheap brooms that may be used for various cleaning tasks in the summer on front porches, decks, and patios. Please use them to remove spider webs from various surfaces, including glass. Screens, railings, porch ceilings, mailboxes, window boxes, and foundation plantings.
Debris from the wind, rain, foot traffic, and animals should be swept off the porch or deck daily.
KITCHEN CUPBOARD CLEANING
If you don’t take care of your kitchen cabinets, they will become sticky with all the opening and closing that goes on inside. Cleaning expert BetterMaid Cleaning Services explains the method for wiping off kitchen cupboards: Read more..
- One-quarter cup of Murphy Oil Soap and and a squeegee.
- Use warm water, it makes an effective cleaning solution.
- Squeeze the cloth and use it to clean the cabinet doors, paying close attention to the space around the handles.
- Use a clean towel to dry it off.
- Otherwise, dirt will stick, and scrubbing can damage the cabinets’ finish and the filth.
Cleaning your patio set this summer can give it a new lease on life. Use a spray nozzle attached to a garden hose to rinse outdoor furniture thoroughly. Avoid using bleach. It may harm patio furniture and neighboring vegetation.
Instead, use a soft cloth and a cleaning product made for the material. Such as a glass cleaner or oil soap for wood. Wash and dry in the open air.
- Use a Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean the shower as your shower
- Squeegee and Clean Eraser Sponge.
- Regular toilet bowl brush and a pumice stone can free the bowl from ring buildup and stains.
- Microfiber cloth treated with vinegar to clean the counters.
- Use a microfiber cloth designed explicitly for mirror cleaning to remove fingerprints and spots from the glass.
- Eraser sponge to clean the sinks, then a microfiber towel to polish the sinks and the faucets.
- Moist mop or towel to clean the floor.
- Towels and bathmats may be hung outdoors in the summer to dry in the sun.
We recommends hanging draperies and curtains outdoors in the summer for a good airing. Shake out the draperies to get rid of dust, then turn them in the sun to air out musty smells.
Or, you may toss your drapes and curtains into the dryer for 10 minutes to get rid of dust and kill mites. Then you can rehang them without having to iron them.
FLOORS SPICK AND SPAN
Remember that various floor surfaces call for different cleansers when deciding how to clean them. Read more..
- Cotton terry cloth or recycled hand towels are great options for mopping. Since they can be washed and reused.
- Use a solution of 1 tablespoon of baby shampoo. 1/2 teaspoon of eco-friendly all-purpose cleaner per gallon of water to clean linoleum and vinyl flooring.
- Half a cup of white vinegar that has been distilled may be added for additional cleaning power.
- To clean wood or laminate floors, spray a mop cloth with a solution of one part distilled vinegar to thirty parts water.
- Cotton towels dampened in hot water are ideal for mopping stone and tile surfaces. Stone and tile surfaces are particularly vulnerable to harm from cleaning solutions and vinegar.
- Put a mat at each doorway to catch muddy shoes. Asking visitors to take their shoes off at the entrance can help maintain clean surfaces for longer.
KITCHEN ODOR REMOVING
Foul odors emanate from the kitchen sink and the garbage can. The recycle bin when the temperature and humidity levels are high. Read more..
- To prevent the spread of germs, soak sponges. Dishrags in a solution of 1/4 cup bleach and a gallon of water for 5 minutes daily.
- After washing, please give it a good rinsing. White vinegar may be poured down drains to neutralize unpleasant odors.
- Garbage and recycling containers should be cleaned with bleach and water every trash day.
For more cleaning tips visit BetterMaid Cleaning Services.